Geek Clock Tool
This program calculates and displays clock related information for unusual time systems. The purpose of the app is just for fun and education about alternative time systems.
Currently supported are:
- Standard Time. The internationally accepted civil time system, using 24 hours per day, 60 minutes per hour, 60 seconds per minute.
- Decimal Time. A system where there are 10 hours per day. See also: Decimal Time Wikipedia entry. Also known as Metric Time.
- Dozenal Time. A system where there are 24 hours per day but uses base-12 numbers throughout.
- Hex Time. A system where there are 16 hours per day. See also: Hexadecimal time Wikipedia entry
- Binary Time. This binary clock represents the proportion of the day passed as a 16-bit binary value.
- Degree Time. Also called "New Earth Time", this divides the day into 360°, 60', and 60", just like a circle. Measured from midnight GMT.
- Chinese Time. Shows two traditional Chinese systems: The day is divided into 12 "double-hours" (時辰); (2) the day is also divided into 96 ke (刻, 1 ke = 15 min), with each ke subdivided into 60 fen (分).
- 24-hour Clock. This clocks shows all 24-hours on the clock face.
No guarantees are made regarding accuracy or correctness of this software.
Geek Calendar Tool - Show information on various calendar systems.
Daylight World Map - Show which parts of the Earth are in daylight.
Back to top